Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot Air Balloons May Arts Design Team Call Round 2


I am so excited to share my May Arts Round 2 submission.  I decided to make these super cute Hot Air Balloons for my Daughters room.  I LOVE the way they turned out.  For the paper mache part I used the directions from the Martha Stewart site but then went my own way from there.



Supplies Used for the blue and green balloon:
DCWV Citris Paper pack
May Arts ribbons 389-18-46, 389-18-04, 393-25-01, NV-01
Small Paper cup

Supplies Used for the pink and red balloon:
Momenta Paper
May Arts Ribbons 389-18-17, PV-34-14, 361-58-10, FY-09
Smaill Paper cup

Step 1:  Tape off quarters of the balloon and punch a bunch of 1" circles. 


Step 2:  Layer all the circles so that it covers the newspaper.
Step 3:  Now the fun part :)  Add your ribbons.  I went with a couple of layers of ribbons.


Step 4:  The last layer if ribbon ( the 1/8" pink velvet) only glue it down half way, this is what is going to hang down and attach to the "basket".  I decorated this point with some flowers.

Step 5:  Decorate a paper cup any way you like.  for this one I painted and added some paper and ribbons.  Punch 4 holes at the top of the cup and one from the bottom. Run the ribbons thru the holes and out the bottom and hang where desired.

 I can't even tell you how much I love these balloons and how fun they are hanging in my daughters room.

Make sure you stop by the May Arts blog and let the Ribbon Lady know how much you liked them.  If you decided to make one I would love to see it, leave me a comment with a link and I will check it out. 
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks so much,
Jenifer



8 comments:

  1. Whoa!! Pretty Awesome!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool are these!?!?! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cool! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing. Best of luck with the design team call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are darling!! Great job. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love these! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete