I am so excited to be bringing you my first project with May Arts. This looks a lot more complicated than it actually is. There are 3 parts to this project and you could do them all or just one.
Supplies for the Curtains:
- Sheer Fabric
- NV01 5/8” Faux Suede/Ruffle Edge in white (this is for the curtain ties at the top)
The Sheer fabric is 56”-60” wide, cut to length, my curtains are 2 yards long or 72”. I hemmed each end then put 5, 15” pieces of the faux suede ribbon along the top. I tied these to the bars along the top of the bed to hang.
Supplies for Banner:
- SK01 1/8" silk ribbon in white
- All of your scrap pieces of May Arts ribbon that you just couldn’t part with
This is an excellent way to use up all of the little pieces of ribbon scraps that you just couldn’t throw away. I took 2 yards of the silk ribbon and sewed 4” pieces of ribbon (folded in half). I put them about a hand span apart. I think it is the perfect touch to the bed. You could make a bunch of these and decorate for a birthday party or a special occasion.
Supplies for the Tie Backs:
- RG34 1.5" Grosgrain Stripe in Blue
- RG17 1.5" Grosgrain Stripe in Pink
- RG28 1.5" Grosgrain Stripe in Orange
- RG46 1.5" Grosgrain Stripe in Green
I couldn’t decide what colors to use so I used them all. I cut each Grosgrain Stripe into 1 yard pieces then sewed them together with a small zigzag stitch making them 2 yard tie backs. I think the combination of the two colors in the tie really brings out all the fun colors in the banner.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today and give it a try. I can’t wait to see what you come up with. If you make one of these projects please leave a link so I can come check it out.